Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) is a well known and one of the oldest universities of Ukraine with the 4th(the highest) level of accreditation. DSMA is considered to be the center of Education, Science and Culture of highly industrial region of Ukraine,Dnieper. Dnepropetrovsk comprises of more than 40% industry of Ukraine and is named as the business city of Ukraine.
Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) was founded on September 15, 1916 as an institute for female courses. Later, in 1920 this institute acquired the status of State Academy and then became a State medical university in the name of Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) in 1994.
In the year 1922, the Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA) organized and edited two scientific medical journals named: "Ekaterynoslavsky Medical Journal" and "New Surgical Archive".
Well known scientists have worked hard in the foundation and management of the Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA). The names of some of the scientists behind the establishment of DSMA are:
- VP Karpov, Oleg S.Abrazhanov
- O. Drzhevetsky
- L. Gromashevsky
- L.S. Halperin
- M.F. Rudnev
- G.F. Tsomakion
- N.S. Kakhiani
- M.S. Stanishevskaya
There are around 646 teachers working the various departments of Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy (DSMA).Among them there are :
- 98 Doctors of Medical Sciences
- 359 Candidates of medical Sciences
- 1 Academician of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
- 1 Corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
- 2 Corresponding members of Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine
- 4 employees were awarded the Prizes of the President of Ukraine
- 5 distinguished workers of higher educational and public education of Ukraine
- 9 honors workers of Science and Technology
- 9 State Prize winners of Ukraine and Russia
- 5 honors Doctors of Ukraine
- 24 full members and corresponding members of many National and foreign universities,members of international Scientific societies and Associations.
There are a total of 1100 employees in DSMA. The languages of teaching in DSMA are English, Russian and Ukrainian.Dnepropetrovsk State Medical University is the only university in Ukraine which provides training to local as well as foreign students in all the seven faculties and departments. The faculties are listed below:
- General Medicine
- Management of Public Health
- Postgraduate Education
- Preparatory faculty for foreign citizens
|Tuition fee||Hostel Fee||Health Insurance||One Time Charge||TOTAL|
|(Per Year)||(Per Year)||(First Year Only)|
|3500 USD Per Year||1200 USD||200 USD||750 USD||5650 USD|