MBBS in Ukraine| MCI Screening Test| Foreign Medical Graduate Examination, FMGE | Study MBBS in Ukraine
Medical Council of India, MCI Screening Test, also known as Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE), is a licensure examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. The FMGE Screening test has been introduced by the Screening Test Regulations 2002. As per regulations, " An Indian citizen possessing a primary medical qualification awarded by any medical institution outside India who is desirous of getting provisional or permanent registration with the Medical Council of India or any State Medical Council on or after 15.03.2002 shall have to qualify a screening test conducted by the prescribed authority for that purpose as per the provisions of section 13 of the Act."
What is FMGE (MCI Screening Test) Exam ?
The screening test was introduced in 2002 as a qualifying examination for Indian students obtaining their medical degrees from countries other than India, such as countries belonging to the former Soviet Union USSR, Eastern European countries, China, Nepal, Philippines, and Caribbean countries. Indian doctors holding basic medical degrees from any country have to take the MCI screening test. The Medical School should have been listed in the WHO international directory of Medical Schools.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION – Foreign Medical Graduate Screening Test(FMGE)
- The test consists of one paper, comprising 300 multiple choice, single correct response questions in English language only, delivered in two parts to be taken in a single day.
- The examination shall be a multiple choice questions test delivered using computer network as per prescribed scheme.
- Negative Marking: There shall be no negative marking.
- Allocation of time for the FMGE shall be as follows:
PART-A PART-B Candidate Entry Time at Reporting Counter 09:00 AM 2:15 PM Reporting Counter Entry Closes 9:30 AM 2:45 PM Check-in Procedure 9:00 to 10:00 AM 2:15 to 3:15 PM Test Start Time* 10:00 AM 3:15 PM Test End Time 12:45 PM 5:45 PM
* including 15 minutes tutorial.
- The screening test is held twice a year in June and December, the exact dates for the Screening Test will be announced on the website before the respective registration window.
- An applicant shall be declared as having passed only if he/she obtains a minimum of 150 marks out of 300 (50%) in the examination.
- Results (Pass/Fail) for eligible candidates will be displayed on NBE website and at NBE office.
- There are no restrictions on number of attempts that can be availed by an applicant.
Note: FMGE is divided into two parts of 150 questions each with time allocation of 150 minutes for each part. There is a scheduled break between the two parts.
Candidates are required to report at the 'Reporting Counter' at 9:00 AM for Part One and 2:15 PM for Part Two (one hour prior to the start time). The reporting counter will close 30 minutes prior to the test start time. Candidate who fails to report to the reporting counter by the stipulated time as indicated above shall not be allowed to test.
For detailed information please visit "http://www.fmge.nbe.gov.in/index.php"