Zaporozhye State Medical University has been a leader in preparing the next generation of professionals in the field of Medicine. ZSMU is a well known Medical University in Ukraine with the 4th top level of accreditation offering MBBS, MD and Masters of Pharmacy. The history of Zaporozhye State Medical University comes back to the Women Pedagogic Courses organized in Odessa in 1903. This university is now a self – governing,modern,multi profile higher educational institution in Ukraine. The university is a center of training MD, Masters of Pharmacy and bachelors for Ukraine and foreign countries. In 1921 the courses were reorganized into chemical – pharmaceutical institute. And further, in 1959 it was transferred from Odessa to Zaporozhye.
ZSMU got the status of State Medical University in the year 1994 with the main objective of which is training of highly qualified practitioners in Medicine. ZSMU is one of the oldest medical higher educational institutions of Ukraine. Almost 3500 mecical specialists have completed their medical and pharmaceutical education from ZSMU and are successfully working all across the world. Zaporozhye State Medical University has gained authority and recognition by training foreign citizens from Asia, Africa, Latin America, Europe, USA and Canada for more than 40 years.
Here are a few facts about the ZSMU campus and facilities:
- The campus of ZSMu is spread over the total area of almost 16.5 hectares
- The minimum area of auditoriums per student is 21.8sq.m
- The total area of the library is 2405 sq.m
- The total area of the lecture halls is 83878 sq. m
- The library of ZSMU has more than 1 million copies(including elecgrnic copies).
The system of training at Zaporozhye State Medical University includes premedical, undergraduate and postgraduate periods of study. The premedical education is provided at the International Faculty No.1 and then foreign students continue studies at the International Faculty No.2.
The training of foreign students and their specializations is carried out in the following specialties:
1. General Medicine. MD. Period of study is 6 years.
2. Pediatrics. MD. Period of study is 6 years.
3. Dentistry. MD. Period of study is 5 years.
4. Pharmacy. Master of Pharmacy. Period of study is 5 years.
5. Technology of Perfume-Cosmetic Preparations. Master of Pharmacy. Period of study is 5 years.
Junior students are trained at the theoretical departments in the academic buildings situated on the territory of the campus. Senior students are trained at the clinical departments in clinics situated near the University.
Zaporozhye State Medical University is one of the few medical universities in the system of higher medical education in Ukraine that has its own training-scientific centre "University Clinic" in which practical classes are conducted and medical aid is delivered. The University has the unique equipment:computer tomographs, devices for ultrasonic diagnosis, angiographic and endoscopic checkup, radioisotope diagnosis and many others to conduct fundamental and applied scientific investigations.
Post-diploma education includes training in the internship, training for Master's degree, clinical studies, postgraduate courses in 29 medical specialties and refresher courses for doctors and pharmacists
Enrollment of Foreign Students
1. The invitation of the University.
2. Diploma (certificate) of graduating from the Preparatory faculty or from a higher educational institution.
3. Original or legalized copy of documents about education (secondary, higher) certified by the notary with indications of subjects and examination grades on chemistry, physics, biology with notarized translation into Ukrainian or Russian.
4. Birth certificate (legalized copy with notarized translation into Ukrainian or Russian)
5. Legalized medical certificate of absence of medical contraindication for living in Ukraine and studying at the Medical University. It must be given to a student by the official medical institution in his native country no later than two months before the enrollment for studies
6. Medical certificate of absence of HIV-infection. In case of the certificate absence a foreigner must be examined for HIV-infection at his own expense in time
7. 12 photos 3x4
8. Return ticket to his native country within one year
|Tuition fee||Hostel Fee||Health Insurance||One Time Charge||TOTAL|
|(Per Year)||(Per Year)||(First Year Only)|
|3900 USD (1st-3rd)||600 USD||100 USD||500 USD||5100 USD|
|4300 USD(4th-6th)||5000 USD|
There are 5 academic buildings, 5 hostels, scientific and belletristic literature libraries with reading halls and computer rooms, a beauty studio, medical centre, student's sanatorium-dispensary, sports centre, courts and stadium, some canteens and cafes, Internet cafe on its territory. There is a canteen at the University with Indian cuisine which is very popular with foreign students. 5 student hostels of the University accommodate about 3000 persons; three of them are for foreign citizens. The hostel buildings are of a modern block type and consist of the rooms for 1-2-3 persons with all the conveniences. There are Internet halls in the hostels for foreign citizens. The rooms of the hostels have access to the Internet. There are Indian cultural centre and computer class in hostel No. 1.
1. A well-developed network of cheap transport (buses, trolleybuses, trams)
2. Taxi (municipal and private)
3. One can get to any city or town in Ukraine or Russia from the railway station
4. International flights are being made from Zaporozhye airport
5. The consumer goods basket is affordable; all food staff can be bought at food markets or in supermarkets.
There are a lot of products from European countries. Many large supermarkets are situated near the University and offer a wide range of products. There are many cafes and restaurants in Zaporozhye.
Amateur Activities and Sports
Student's football matches take place regularly at the university There is a students' club at the university. Different circles of amateur activities are organized there for those who like to play musical instruments, sing and dance. A lot of festivals are held at the University. Among them there are the festival of student's creative work "The Autumn Rhythms", exhibitions "My Hobby", contents "Talents, you are welcome on the stage!", "Miss ZSMU", performances on the eve of the New Year, aerobics balls "Spring swallows", team competitions of JQC (Jolly and Quick-witted Club), festivals of international friendship, literature evenings and many others.